1 Key Facts
- Entry to Melbourne Zoo
- 1. Transport from/to hotel
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Address||Elliott Ave, Parkville VIC 3052|
|How to get there||By Tram -
Tram 58 "West Coburg to Toorak" runs from William Street in the city centre every day, stopping directly outside Melbourne Zoo.
By Train -
Trains run from Flinders Street Station on the Upfield line every day, stopping at Melbourne Zoo's own Royal Park Station.
By Bus -
Bus route 505 from Moonee Ponds to Melbourne University stops outside Melbourne Zoo.
By Car -
Melbourne Zoo is located only minutes north from the city centre, within Royal Park, and a quick drive from Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine). Car parking costs $2 for a five hour ticket.
|Other info||Children under 16 receive FREE entry on weekends, Victorian Public Holidays and Victorian Government School Holidays|
- African Wild Dog
- Asian Elephant
- Asian Small-clawed Otter
- Australian Fur Seal
- Australian Pelican
- Baw Baw Frog
- Cotton-top Tamarin
- Giant Tortoise
- Hamadryas Baboon
- Kangaroo Island Kangaroo
- Little Penguin
- Lord Howe Island Stick Insect
- Philippines Crocodile
- Red Panda
- Regent Honeyeater
- Ring-tailed Lemur
- Snow Leopard
- Southern Corroboree Frog
- Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat
- Stuttering Frog
- Sumatran Orang-utan
- Sumatran Tiger
- Tasmanian Devil
- White Cheeked Gibbons
At Melbourne Zoo, you can meet over 300 different species from around the world, only minutes from the city centre!
- Lion Gorge Dare to enter Lion Gorge and come face-to-face with our magnificent African Wild Dog pack and hear all about this alert and agile hunter. Be amazed by one of the most awe-inspiring creatures on earth, the Philippines Crocodile.
- Keeper Kids In our Keeper Kids playspace, kids can experience what it's like to work at a zoo. Our fun range of activities is designed to stimulate the imagination and nurture a connection with the natural world.
- Orang-utan Sanctuary At our Orang-utan Sanctuary, you can visit the orang-utans in their treetop home. Walk the elevated boardwalk and watch them behave as they would in the wild: climbing, swinging, nesting and feeding high off the ground.
- Growing Wild Melbourne Zoo's Growing Wild exhibit is an exciting interactive area designed especially for children aged 3 to 8 years. Kids can patrol for danger alongside the Meerkats, burrow through tunnels and climb inside Giant Tortoise shells.
- Wild Sea Wild Sea, Melbourne Zoo's biggest ever exhibit, showcases the natural beauty and animal inhabitants of Victoria's coast and ocean, including penguins and seals.
- Trail of the Elephants Our award-winning trail of the elephants invites visitors into an Asian village and garden setting which is home to our five Asian Elephants.
- Butterfly House The Butterfly House offers one of the zoo's most loved - and magical - experiences. Immerse yourself in the lush vegetation that is home to hundreds of spectacularly coloured native butterflies.
- Lemur Island Discover what it's like to be a lemur as you walk and play amongst these charismatic animals. Enter Lemur Island through a rainforest tunnel then head up along a boardwalk toward the 'tree house' to discover the wonder of the world's rainforests.
- Baboon Lookout Baboon Lookout offers uninterrupted views through glass and across moats. You can watch the baboons play, groom and search for food on their grassland savannah, surrounded by large rocky outcrops, pools and palms.
- Reptile House and World of Frogs These two amazing adjoining areas Reptile House and World of Frogs display a wide variety of reptiles and amphibians from Australia and around the world.
- Australian Bush Australian Bush at Melbourne Zoo is home to some of Australia's most amazing and adored native animals. Don't miss seeing our mischievous Tasmanian Devil.
- Landscapes and horticulture The Zoological Gardens at Melbourne Zoo are among Victoria's most treasured gardens. Take your time to amble through our grounds and enjoy the natural beauty and carefully cultivated landscape.
Shows and Talks*
*Reference Only. Subject to change without notice
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If no show, no refund.