1 Key Facts
- 1. A Sampler Group Photo
- 2. A BridgeClimb cap
- 1. Transport from/to hotel
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Additional photographs or souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
- 5. This product does not go to the summit of Sydney Harbour Bridge
|Depature point||● Departs: daily*, all year round
*Tour does not run on Christmas and New Year's Holiday (25 December - 03 January )
● Departure Time: 10:00, 11:00, 14:00
|Address||3 Cumberland St, The Rocks NSW 2000|
|How to get there||By Public Transport -
To get here, catch a ferry, bus or train to Circular Quay. From here, walk along George Street until you meet the corner of Argyle Street (Guylian Cafe is on the corner). Take Argyle Street and when you reach the Argyle Stairs (next to Sake Restaurant), take these to the top to reach Cumberland Street.
From here, walk north along Cumberland Street. BridgeClimb is located on the western side of the street before the road snakes underneath the Bridge. Visit Transport NSW website for public transport services.
By Car -
Park in Harrington Street, George Street or Argyle Street car parks. There is also limited metered car parking available in Cumberland Street.
|Check-in requirements||Ensure you arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled Climb time to allow enough time to check in.|
|What to bring/wear||● Comfortable clothing.
● Enclosed, rubber-soled shoes such as running, sport or hiking shoes.
● You will be provided with suitable outdoor gear depending on the day's weather conditions.
|Other info||● YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY IS IMPORTANT
- If you are pregnant, over 75 years of age or have any pre-existing health conditions please refer to the Health and Safety Essentials section as you may need to provide a doctor’s Certificate of Fitness note before you climb.
- You must have a blood-alcohol reading below 0.05 to climb (the same as if you are driving).
- We will ask you to complete a BridgeClimb Declaration Form before your Climb. Please be honest about your health so we can ensure your wellbeing is not at risk. All discussions will be confidential.
● HOW SHOULD YOU PREPARE FOR YOUR CLIMB
- Ensure that you have eaten before your Climb and you’re well-hydrated – the experience can last up to 3 ½ hours.
- Wear comfortable, enclosed rubber-soled shoes such as running, sport or hiking shoes and don’t forget your sunglasses. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing.
- We’ll equip you with everything else you need for your Climb!
● ALL YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS CAN BE STORED IN LOCKERS, INCLUDING CAMERAS
We provide FREE secure lockers for you to keep your personal belongings in, including phones, cameras and GoPros. Our Climb Leaders will capture photos of you during your Climb. For safety and security reasons, cameras, video technology and mobile devices are prohibited on the Climb.
● YOU MUST BE 8 YEARS OLD AND 1.2 METRES IN HEIGHT, OR TALLER
Children aged 8 to 15 must be accompanied by and are the responsibility of an adult, with a maximum of three children per adult.
● CLIMBS OPERATE IN ALL WEATHER CONDITIONS
We will equip you with all the gear you need to keep you dry, but remember to bring your own shoes, which should be enclosed, like running shoes. In case of extreme weather conditions like electrical storms or during times of extremely high wind, Climbs may be postponed.
● HEALTH & SAFETY ESSENTIALS: CAN YOU CLIMB?
Anyone who is generally fit and healthy, 8 years and older and 1.2 metres in height with a sense of adventure is welcome to challenge themselves to the Climb of their Life. Please read the Health & Safety Exceptions to ensure you’re able to climb (below).
To participate you need to have a general level of health and fitness, and the ability to climb independently. On the day, you will be provided with a BridgeClimb Declaration Form for completion.
The following health considerations may impact your ability to climb safely, so please speak to our Duty Manager prior to your Climb on +61 2 82747777:
- If you’re under 24 weeks pregnant, you can climb with a Certificate of Fitness signed by your GP. If you are more than 24 weeks pregnant, you cannot
- If you are over the age of 75, you can climb with a Certificate of Fitness signed by your GP.
- heart conditions
- respiratory conditions
- current or recent physical injuries, including sprains/strains
- limited limb function, limb loss or limb difference
- surgery, from which you are still recovering
Essential medication like inhalers can be taken up on the Climb by your Climb Leader. Please ensure you advise us when you check-in for your Climb.
● HEALTH & SAFETY EXCEPTIONS
We do our best to help everyone climb, however there are some things that will prevent you from participating in a climb, including:
- a fit or seizure in the last six months
- broken bones
- if you are more than 24 weeks pregnant
- under 8 years of age
- under 1.2 metres tall
If you have any questions, or are concerned about your ability to climb, please check out our FAQs or speak to our team for advice before booking.
We care about our Climbers; so please be aware that even if you have made a booking we reserve the right to decline participation, rebook or modify your Climb to keep you safe. Health & Safety Essentials & Exceptions are subject to change at our discretion.
● FEAR OF HEIGHTS
We have helped thousands of people challenge their fear of heights by climbing to the top of the Bridge. If you are apprehensive, our team specialise in supporting and enabling you to overcome your fears to climb to the top of Bridge
● GUIDE FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
Yes, children from the age of 8 are welcome to join their parents on the Climb Of Their Life, provided they are 1.2 metres in height or taller. When considering whether this activity will be right for your child, we would like you to consider the following:
- Safety is and always will be our number one priority for all of our Climbers.
- We will equip kids of this age in smaller BridgeSuits, belts, gloves, or fleeces based on the day’s weather conditions.
- Climbing the Bridge is an all-age experience. The stories our Climb Leaders share during the experience is appropriate for a broad age range.
- Parents/guardians must remain with their children throughout the Climb experience, and must assist BridgeClimb team by managing their equipment preparation and behaviour.
Sydney Harbor Bridge Climb, 1.5hr BridgeClimb Sampler
Bridge Climb Sampler
Get a taste of the world famous BridgeClimb! In just 1 ½ hours, ascend the inner arch of the iconic Bridge to a spectacular vantage point halfway to the top. Ideal for you if you have height concerns and don’t want to go all the way up!
- The Journey Latching on in the Climb Base below the Bradfield Highway, venture along catwalks past the South-East Pylon, directly over Sydney Harbour. Here commence your ascent to the halfway point on the inner arch on the Opera House side. As you cross over, to the Darling Harbour side of the Bridge, pause for a group photo at a unique vantage point within the Bridge. From here, you make a quick descent to our Climb Base.
- Climb Facts
- 1 ½ hours long, max. 12 people per group.
- 556 steps.
- Ideal if you want a shorter and economical taste of a BridgeClimb experience.
- Ideal if you have height concerns and would prefer not to go to the very top.
- The highest point you'll reach on the Bridge is halfway to the summit. If you'd like to go right to the top, check out the BridgeClimb or BridgeClimb Express.
- You can do this Climb during the day (limited departures).
Other Options: Bridge Climb
Absorb a 360 degree panorama of Sydney as you journey to the summit on our original climb experience. Like an exposed spine, the outer rim delivers you to the peak, as the sky remains just beyond your outstretched fingertips.
- The Journey Latching on in the Climb Base below the Bradfield Highway, you will walk on catwalks below the road-deck until you reach the South-East Pylon. Here you will ascend 4 ladders to the start of the upper arch, surrounded by the hum and buzz of Sydney's traffic. With the summit in your sight, your journey continues along the Bridge's outer arch on the Opera House side until you hit the top. After a summit celebration with your group, you cross the spine of the Bridge to the Darling Harbour side to make your descent to our Climb Base.
- Climb Facts
- 3 ½ hours long, max. 14 people per group.
- 1 ,332 steps (that's around 500 calories/2100 kilojoules for those tracking)
- Ideal if you want to soak up the moment and take the upper arch.
- Ideal if you're a bit nervous and would like more support from our Climb Leaders.
- You can do this Climb at dawn (limited departures), day, twilight or night.
Other Options: Bridge Climb Express
Accelerate your ascent to the summit. This energetic experience is the fastest trip to the top of the Bridge. Ascend through the heart of the Bridge, a cathedral of steel, and burst through to the summit from below.
- The Journey Latching on in the Climb Base below the Bradfield Highway, you will walk on catwalks past the south-east pylon, directly over Sydney Harbour, until you meet the base of the Bridge's lower arch on the Opera House side. Here you will commence your ascent as you rise to the peak of the lower arch. At this point, you will break through to the upper arch by taking a staircase to the summit. After a summit celebration with your group, you cross the spine of the Bridge to the Darling Harbour side to make your descent to our Climb Base. This Climb has more pace and fewer stops than BridgeClimb.
- Climb Facts
- 2 ¼ hours long, max. 14 people per group.
- 1,002 steps.
- Ideal for independently-minded folk who just want to fast-track it to the top.
- With fewer stops, this climb is perfect for people with a higher level of general fitness.
- You can do this Climb by day. Other times of day by request.
|Bridge Climb||Bridge Climb Express||Bridge Climb Sampler|
|Duriation||3.5 hours||2.25 hours||1.5 hours|
|Route||To the summit via upper arch||To the summit via lower then upper arch||Halfway to the summit via lower arch|
|Climb Time||Dawn (limited departures), day, twilight or night||By day. Other times of day by request.||By day (limited departures)|
|Best For||Travellers who want to soak up the moment, or need more support from our Climb Leaders||Travellers who are independently-minded, or with a higher level of general fitness||Travellers who have height concerns, or want a shorter and economical taste only|
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
● Safety is, and always will be, our number one priority for all of our Climbers.
● We will equip kids of this age in smaller BridgeSuits, belts, mittens, or fleeces based on the day’s weather conditions.
● Climbing the Bridge is an all-age experience. The stories our Climb Leaders share during the experience is appropriate for a broad age range.
● Children will be required to climb with and next to their parent/guardian.
● To climb the Bridge, children must be 8 years old and 120cm tall to participate.
● Parents/guardians must remain with their children throughout the Climb experience, and must assist BridgeClimb staff by managing their equipment preparation and behaviour.
We also offer Auslan Climbs. On an Auslan Climb you’ll be accompanied by an Australian Sign Language interpreter who will interpret the commentary about Sydney and its world famous Bridge. These Climbs occur twice a month. Please get in touch with our team to find out more or to make a booking.
● climb ladders and walk on catwalks
● participate in prolonged stair climbing
● walk along uneven surfaces and via narrow passageways
● be exposed to all weather conditions